This quick, easy, and irresistible salted toffee chocolate bar recipe, courtesy of Welcome to the Table Food Coop, is the perfect celebratory treat or DIY gift that will disappear quickly! Make a double batch and wrap half of these salty, chewy bars in a decorative box as a quick gift for party hosts, or for your next special occasion.
Salted Toffee Chocolate Bar Recipe
Total Time: 25 minutes; 15 minutes active
- 12 graham crackers broken into 24 squares
- 1/2 pound butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 3/4 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- Heat the oven to 350°F.
- Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil.
- Place the crackers on the foil-lined sheet, with their edges touching.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter over low heat, then stir in the brown sugar. Turn the heat to medium-high, bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce heat to simmer, stirring occasionally, and cook for 10 minutes until the sugar has melted.
- Pour the sugar mixture over the graham crackers, and spread with a spatula to cover evenly.
- Sprinkle with pecans and bake for 10 minutes, until bubbly.
- Place pan on a cooling rack and use the tip of a spatula to nudge the crackers apart.
- Sprinkle with coarse salt.
- When the pan has cooled, melt the chocolate and drizzle it over the crackers.
- Let cool until firm; remove from the pan, and break into pieces.
- Store, tightly covered, at room temperature for up to a week.