Raspberry parfaits piled high with fresh fruit and liqueur-infused whipped cream make a light and elegant dessert, perfect for Mother’s Day. And, and they take just 15 minutes to make. It’s the jazzed-up whipped cream that makes these parfaits special – cream cheese adds extra body and stabilizes the whipped cream so the dessert holds up longer, and a splash of liqueur elevates the flavor. This is a great make-ahead dessert – and you can make your life easier by assembling the parfaits in disposable plastic wine glasses. Feel free to swap the raspberries for other berries or experiment with different liqueurs.
RECIPE FOR RASPBERRY & CREAM PARFAITS
- 4 oz cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons orange- or almond-flavored liqueur, such as Grand Marnier or Amaretto (see note)
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 3 cups fresh raspberries
- 4 small sprigs mint, for garnish
- Have 4 wineglasses or glass dessert cups at hand.
- Combine the cream cheese, liqueur, and sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment or hand-held electric mixer. Beat on medium-high speed until creamy and lump-free, about 2 minutes. Using a rubber spatula, scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Add the heavy cream and start beating on low speed (so it doesn’t splash), then increase the speed to high and beat until the mixture is thickened to a pudding-like consistency, about 2 minutes.
- Distribute half of the raspberries among the bottom of the glasses or dessert cups, then distribute two-thirds of the cream mixture so that it covers the berries in each portion. Distribute the remaining berries evenly among the glasses or dessert cups, gently placing them on the layer of cream. Spoon equal amounts of the remaining cream on top of each portion.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour or up to 4 hours. Garnish each serving with a mint sprig and serve.
Make Ahead: The cream mixture can be made and refrigerated a day in advance. Assemble the parfaits up to 4 hours before serving.