These raspberry and cream parfaits, piled high with fresh fruit and liqueur-infused whipped cream, make a light and elegant summer dessert that everyone will love – – and they only take 15 minutes to throw together! The jazzed-up whipped cream makes these raspberry parfaits hard to resist. Combine it with cream cheese for extra body and a splash of liqueur to elevate the flavor and…what’s not to love?
This dessert is easy to make in large quantities for a summer party — and you can make your life even easier by assembling the parfaits in disposable plastic wine glasses. Don’t love raspberries? No worries, it’s easy to switch them out with your favorite berries and/or liqueurs.
- 4 oz cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons orange- or almond-flavored liqueur, such as Grand Marnier or Amaretto (you can also make these without the alcohol)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3 cups fresh raspberries
- 4 small sprigs of mint, for garnish
- Have 4 wine glasses or glass dessert cups at hand.
- Combine the cream cheese, liqueur, and sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment or hand-held electric mixer. Beat on medium-high speed until creamy and lump-free, about 2 minutes. Using a rubber spatula, scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Add the heavy cream and start beating at low speed (so it doesn’t splash), then increase the speed to high and beat until the mixture is thickened to a pudding-like consistency, about 2 minutes.
- Distribute half of the raspberries among the bottom of the glasses or dessert cups, then distribute two-thirds of the cream mixture so that it covers the berries in each portion. Distribute the remaining berries evenly among the glasses or dessert cups, gently placing them on the layer of cream. Spoon equal amounts of the remaining cream on top of each portion. Refrigerate for at least one hour or up to 4 hours. Garnish each serving with a mint sprig and serve.
- Make-Ahead: The cream mixture can be made and refrigerated a day in advance. Assemble the raspberry & cream parfaits up to 4 hours before serving.
Rasberry & Cream Parfaits Nutritional Value (per 4 servings)
- Calories: 375
- Fat: 21 g
- Saturated fat: 12 g
- Carbohydrates: 42 g
- Sugar: 34 g
- Fiber: 6 g
- Protein: 3 g
- Sodium: 117 mg
- Cholesterol: 72 mg