This salad spells summer! It’s refreshing, healthy, satisfying, and easy to make. This time of the year throughout the NY Capital Region vegetables and fruits are abundant whether from your own garden or a local farmers market. This is a delicious salad that also has a beautiful presentation if you are looking to impress.
- 4 ears corn, shucked and silk removed
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 extra virgin olive oil or grapeseed oil
- 1/8 cup sugar
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp fresh jalapeño, seeds and finely diced
- 1/2 medium onion, diced and soaked in ice water for 20 minutes, and patted dry
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled & diced
- 1 red or orange sweet pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup arugula leaves
- 3 Tbsp parsley, finely torn
- 1 Tbsp basil leaves, chopped
Directions: Preheat grill to medium-high. Tightly wrap a piece of aluminum foil around each ear of corn. Grill for 7 minutes, then turn over and grill an additional 7 minutes. Remove from grill, unwrap and let cool to handle.
Dressing: In a medium bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, sugar, salt, pepper, and jalapeño until the sugar is dissolved.
Salad: Cut corn from cobs and place in a large bowl. Add onion, cucumber, bell pepper, tomatoes, arugula, parsley, and basil. Toss to combine. Stir dressing and drizzle over vegetables. Mix well and serve immediately.