Fall in love with this rich and creamy Marry Me Chicken recipe, courtesy of Jenn Segal, Once Upon a Chef.
Marry Me Chicken is a dish of tender sautéed chicken in a rich and creamy sun-dried tomato sauce. The recipe gained popularity after going viral on TikTok, where many users shared the recipe and claimed it will win over the heart of anyone you cook it for. Using ready-to-cook thinly sliced chicken breasts, Once Upon a Chef’s version of Marry Me Chicken is quick and easy to make in just 30 minutes, making it perfect for a weeknight dinner or special occasion. While we can’t guarantee it’ll make someone profess their undying love to you, the balance of flavors in the dish does make it hard to resist! Serve the saucy chicken with pasta or rice and a roasted vegetable. If you’d like to add some extra greens, simply toss a few handfuls of baby spinach into the sauce before adding the chicken back to the pan.
- 4 thin-sliced chicken breasts (about 1¼ lbs; see note)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ⅓ cup sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, drained and finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons tomato paste
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ¼ teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmigiano Reggiano or Pecorino Romano cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped basil, plus more for serving
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon Freshly ground black pepper
HOW TO MAKE MARRY ME CHICKEN
- Place the flour, ¾ teaspoon salt, and the black pepper in a ziplock bag and shake to combine. Add the chicken to the bag; seal the bag tightly and shake to coat the chicken evenly. Set aside
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Place the flour-dusted chicken in the pan and cook, flipping once, until the chicken is lightly golden and just cooked through, about 3 minutes total. Transfer the chicken to a plate and set aside.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add the onions to the skillet. Cook, stirring frequently, until softened and translucent, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook, stirring constantly, for 30 seconds more; do not brown.
- Add the cream, broth, sun-dried tomatoes, tomato paste, oregano, red pepper flakes, sugar, and ¼ teaspoon salt; use a wooden spoon to scrape any brown bits from the pan into the liquid.
- Bring the liquid to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium and gently boil, uncovered, until the sauce is thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the Parmigiano Reggiano (or Pecorino Romano) and basil.
- Add the chicken back to the pan, along with any juices that accumulated on the plate; reduce the heat to low and simmer until the chicken is warmed through and the sauce thickens a bit more, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle with more fresh basil, if desired, and serve.
Per serving (4 servings)
- Calories: 527
- Fat: 35 g
- Saturated fat: 17 g
- Carbohydrates: 14 g
- Sugar: 6 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 38 g
- Sodium: 719 mg
- Cholesterol: 191 mg