This hot buttered apple cider with rum recipe, courtesy of Once Upon a Chef, is festive for the season and perfect to sip in front of a fire on a cold night.
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Half-gallon (64 ounces) all-natural apple cider
- Rum (or apple brandy)
- Cinnamon sticks (optional)
Apple Cider Instructions
- In a medium bowl, combine the butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and salt. Mash with a spoon until evenly combined.
- Bring the apple cider to a simmer over medium heat in a large pot, then turn the heat down to low. Gradually add the butter mixture, whisking until the butter is melted.
- Ladle the buttered cider into mugs. Top each drink off with a shot of rum and garnish with a cinnamon stick, if desired. Serve hot.
YOU MIGHT LIKE: