– Courtesy of Hannaford –
This simple yet sophisticated Hommus-Crusted Chicken with Asparagus recipe is inspired by flavors from the Mediterranean. Creamy spinach combined with crunchy nuts perfectly adds nutritious fiber to a healthy, lean protein. It’s healthy and delicious!
30 – 60 minutes prep time
Here’s what you need:
- 1 bunch asparagus (about 20 spears)
- 2 Tbsp. Kraft Olive Oil Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 1/2 cup Fresh Express® Baby Spinach
- 1/2 cup Cedar’s® Artichoke Spinach Hommus
- 1 oz. Planters NUT-rition Wholesome Nut Mix, chopped
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Roll Up Your Sleeves:
- Preheat oven to 425°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Prepare the asparagus by chopping off the tough ends (roughly the bottom inch) and rinsing thoroughly. In a large bowl, combine the asparagus and dressing until well coated. Transfer to a sheet pan in a single layer. Pour any remaining dressing over the asparagus.
- Chop spinach and nut mix into small pieces; fold into the hommus until mixed evenly. Place the chicken breasts on the pan and spread a layer of the hommus mixture over each chicken breast. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165°F.
- Serve warm.
Pro tip: Serve over a bed of greens using remaining spinach and add a side of sliced avocado for a pop of color and even more nutrition!
Have questions about your health? Take advantage of free nutritional services online and in-store from Hannaford’s team of registered dietitians. Visit hannaford.com/dietitians to learn more.