It took a little experimentation for America’s Test Kitchen to perfect their delicious, lemony Hole in One summer cocktail recipe.
To get the most lemon flavor, they cut the lemon to extract all of its bright acidity and citrusy aroma. They then added Tea Liqueur— made from black tea infused into vodka—along with a homemade Citrus Syrup made with lemon and shook it until it was well combined and frosty.
After some tasting, they did not think it was worthy of the title “Hole in One” – it needed a little something to make it a winner. In order to balance the tea and lemon flavors (because too much Tea Liqueur made the drink tannic and astringent), they needed to make an adjustment. Plain vodka was the solution.
Pouring the entire contents of the shaker right into the glass with seltzer to top everything off resulted in this citrusy, tart, and refreshing tea and lemon cocktail recipe perfect for summer sipping. It’s a Hole in One!
HOLE IN ONE RECIPE
(makes one cocktail)
- Add lemon pieces to the base of the cocktail shaker and muddle until broken down and all juice has been expressed, about 30 seconds.
- Add liqueur, vodka, and citrus syrup, then fill shaker with ice. Shake mixture until just combined and chilled, about 5 seconds.
- Pour contents of shaker into a chilled collins glass (do not strain).
- Add seltzer and, using a bar spoon, gently lift the tea mixture from the bottom of the glass to the top to combine.
- Top with additional ice and garnish with a lemon slice and you have a Hole in One worth celebrating. Serve.
OTHER RECIPES FROM 55+ LIVING YOU MAY LIKE: