This grilled corn salad recipe courtesy of Welcome to the Table, adds a tangy, sweet dressing and tender cubes of avocado with smokey and sweet grille corn to create a feast of flavors, colors, and textures with minimal effort.
Time: 25 minutes; 20 minutes active
Grilled Corn Salad Recipe
- 4 ears sweet corn
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 large jalapeños, seeded and chopped
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Preheat the grill to high. Shuck the corn and place in a large bowl. Brush the corn with olive oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Grill the corn, turning with tongs every couple of minutes. When the corn is tender and browned in spots on all sides — after about 10 minutes — remove from the grill to the bowl.
- Let the corn sit until cool enough to handle. Use a chef’s knife to cut the kernels off the corn and put them back in the bowl.
- In a cup, stir the lime juice and honey together, then stir in the jalapeños and garlic. Pour over the corn.
- Add the avocado, tomato, and cilantro. Stir to mix well. Serve immediately.
This colorful side dish goes great with hamburgers, veggie burgers, or grilled chicken.
210 calories, 9 g. fat, 0 mg. cholesterol, 420 mg. sodium, 32 g. carbohydrate, 5 g. fiber, 5 g. protein
Other recipes from Welcome to the Table