Game Day Brats are a favorite for football viewing. you can take yours o the next level with this recipe courtesy of America’s Test Kitchen. After searing your brats, you can make a flavorful braising liquid from onion, mustard, and beer. Once the braising liquid has reduced, it’s a perfect condiment for your brats. condiment.
GAME-DAY BEER BRATS RECIPE
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1 ½ cups beer (American lager is best)
- ¼ cup whole-grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in Dutch oven over medium heat until shimmering. Add bratwursts and cook until well browned all over, about 8 minutes. Transfer bratwursts to plate.
- Heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil in now-empty pot over medium heat until shimmering. Add onion, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper and cook, covered, until softened, about 5 minutes. Uncover and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is browned, about 4 minutes. Add garlic and caraway seeds and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add beer, mustard, honey, vinegar, and bratwursts; cover; and cook until bratwursts are cooked through, 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer bratwursts to platter. Increase heat to medium-high and cook until onion mixture is thickened, about 5 minutes. Serve bratwursts topped with onion mixture.
- Serve on hoagie rolls