Any cake that calls for a pound of blueberries is almost guaranteed to be good…and this cake doesn’t disappoint. Each bite is full of flavor…the combination of sweet and tart berries with bright lemon and is the perfect way to start the day.
- Preheat the oven to 375°
- Butter 9” springform pan and line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper.
- Using a hand mixer (or stand mixer with a whisk attachment), beat the eggs and sugar together at high speed until light in color.
- Add in sour cream, canola oil, vanilla, and salt.
- Whisk until combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour and baking powder.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the egg and sugar mixture.
Do this in stages. Do not over mix.
- Add in ½ of the lemon zest and half of the lemon.
- In a small bowl, toss blueberries with cornstarch and remaining lemon zest and lemon juice. Stir until cornstarch is dissolved.
- Pour half of the batter into the prepared pan and top with half of the blueberries.
- Repeat with remaining batter and remaining blueberries, and gently push blueberries into the top of the batter.
- Bake at 375° for 45 minutes (until a toothpick comes out clean)
- Let the cake cool on a rack for 15-20 minutes before removing the pans ring.
- Dust with powdered sugar before serving.
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- ½ cup canola oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 lemons, zested and juiced
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 16 ounces fresh blueberries
- Powdered sugar for dusting