Courtesy of Hannaford.
Start your day with a hearty Apple & Cheddar Muffin. Lots of fiber & protein found in ingredients like apple, walnuts & Greek yogurt combined with whey protein.
Makes 12 muffins
- 2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 3/4 cup Brown sugar
- 1 scoop Cabot Whey Protein Plain (unflavored powder)
- 1 Tbsp. Baking Powder
- 1 tsp McCormick Ground Cinnamon
- 1 cup Stonyfield Organic 0% Fat Plain, Greek Yogurt
- 1 tsp McCormick Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup Skim milk
- 3/4 cup Cabot Sharp Cheddar, shredded
- 2 cups Apples, diced into 1/4 inch cubes
- 1/2 cup Hannaford Chopped Walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. In a medium bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, protein powder and cinnamon.
- In a separate medium bowl, combine yogurt, vanilla, eggs, and milk. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just blended. Gently fold in shredded cheddar cheese, diced apples, and chopped walnuts to the mixture.
- Line a muffin tin with liners or lightly spray with cooking spray. Using a spoon, fill each muffin cup so the batter is almost even with the top.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until the tops of muffins are golden brown. Allow to cool. Enjoy!
*source: Recipe adapted from cabatcheese.coop