Total Time: 1 Hour | 20 Minutes, Cook: 40 minutes
With a generous and crunchy oat-pecan streusel, this peach crisp from Jenn Segal, Once Upon a Chef, is pure summer comfort food. Aside from peeling the peaches, it’s quick and easy to make. Serve the crisp warm from the oven topped with vanilla ice cream. Leftovers are delicious with your morning coffee the next day, too.
PEACH CRISP GROCERY LIST
FOR THE FILLING
- 3 pounds peaches, peeled, pitted and cut into ¼-inch slices
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, from 1 lemon
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
FOR THE TOPPING
- ¾ cup packed dark brown sugar
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- ⅔ cup pecans, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 stick (½ cup) unsalted butter, softened
- Vanilla ice cream or sweetened whipped cream
HOW TO MAKE THIS DELICIOUS PEACH CRISP
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and set a rack in the middle position.
- Butter a 2-qt baking dish.
- Make the peach filling:
- In a large bowl, combine the peaches, lemon juice, granulated sugar, cornstarch, vanilla, and salt.
- Mix well to coat the peaches evenly.
- Make the streusel topping:
- In a medium bowl, mix together the brown sugar, flour, oats, pecans, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt, using your fingers to rub out any lumps of brown sugar.
- Add the soft butter and mix with a spoon until the mixture is crumbly (go ahead and use your hands if it’s easier)
- Transfer the peaches to the prepared baking dish and press into an even layer. Sprinkle the streusel evenly over top.
- Bake the crisp for 40 to 45 minutes, until the topping is golden brown and the filling is bubbly.
- Remove from the oven, and cool for at least 20 minutes before serving.
- Serve with ice cream or whipped cream
Nutritional Information per serving:
- Calories: 439
- Fat: 18 g
- Sugar: 51 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 4 g
- Sodium: 117 mg
- Cholesterol: 31 mg